Dr. Trieu was born and raised in Falls Church, Virginia and moved to the greater New Orleans area in 1997 where she has resided ever since. She graduated from West Jefferson High School and proceeded to earn her bachelor’s degree at Tulane University, graduating summa cum laude with honors in 2004. Dr. Trieu obtained her Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) at LSU School of Dentistry in 2008 where she graduated as one of the top in her class. She continued her education at LSU and earned a Specialist Certificate in Orthodontics in 2010. Dr. Trieu is a member of the local, state, and national Dental and Orthodontic Associations. She is committed to delivering the highest quality orthodontic care and stays current with continuing education lectures.
Away from the office, Dr. Trieu enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, playing tennis, singing, dancing and watching the Saints! Who Dat! Trieu Dat!
- LSUHSC School of Dentistry – Certified in Orthodontics
- LSUHSC School of Dentistry – D.D.S.
- Tulane University – B.S., Cellular Molecular Biology
- Streptococcus Mutans Bacterial Colonization on Orthodontic Wires at LSUHSC- 2008-2010
- Tulane Molecular Biology Research Lab- 2002-2004
- Received an NIH Grant for tooth stem cell research. Conducted experiments leading to the expression pattern of a gene; design a primer; extract RNA from tooth germ; perform reverse transcription procedure; ligate DNA plasmid to vector; grow colonies of bacteria; pick colonies; make an RNA probe; perform in situ hybridization.
Community Out Reach
- Habitat for Humanity- Help build houses by performing a variety of tasks ranging from preparing vinyl siding, painting, roofing, putting up drywall, etc.
- Help Clean Up Houses Damaged by Katrina- Help pull out wet and damaged carpet, remove and change drywall, clean up trash and move destroyed furniture.
- Volunteer at the Odyssey House- Odyssey House is a live-in treatment center for recovering substance abusers who are learning to start over. Help provide companionship to the women through group activities such as: baking, crafts, and personal development exploration exercises.
- American Red Cross, Maison deVille Nursing Home and Worked with Handicapped kids in Adapted PE Classes.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Lousiana Dental Association
- New Orleans Dental Association
- The Academy of Operative Dentistry Award for Oustanding Achievement in Operative Dentistry – 2008
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements in Dentistry – 2008
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society, Member- 2005-2008
- Kells Honor Society, Secretary/Treasurer – 2005-2008
- Baldridge Scholarship – 2005-2007
- ADA Foundation Scholarship – 2005
- Beta Beta Beta Departmental Award for Honor Thesis- 2004
- Ethel C. Young Newcomb Scholarship – 2002-2004
- Gates Millennium Scholarship – 2000-2004
- Rotary Club Scholarship – 2000-2004
- Louisiana TOPS Scholarship – 2000-2004
- Jefferson Dollars for Scholars – 2000-2004
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Grant – 2003